We are proud to introduce our new addition to the team, a Companion Animal Health Laser Therapy. This is a surgical free, drug free and non-invasive treatment that:
- Reduces pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Speeds healing / recovery
Laser therapy, also known as Photobiomodulation, targets damaged cells and helps speed up regeneration. Therefore, we can use in conjunction with current treatment or in some cases as an alternative.
The benefits of laser are:
- Fast and efficient relief
- Tolerated very well
- Can reduce the need for medication or steroid injections
- Results are seen very quickly
- In certain cases can be cheaper than surgery intervention
The laser promotes healing in many conditions such as:
- Urinary Tract Disorders
- Hot Spots
- Lick Granulomas
- Dental Pain Relief
- Post-Surgical Recovery Including Routine and Orthopaedic procedures
- Hip Dysplasia, and many more
These conditions may still require medication or surgical help. However, if used in conjunction it can lower or completely replace current treatments. Lowering the risk and side effects to medical and surgical routes. As unique as your pets, each treatment is tailored and protocol created.
Call our practice to find out if we can help your pet!
What to expect during your laser appointment:
- The Veterinary Nurse or Veterinary Surgeon will discuss the unique protocol for your pet for their condition
- Expectations from owners to what results you would like to see for your pet
- We will make sure your pet is nice and comfy before beginning
- We will ask anyone in the room to wear protective eye wear - including the animals!
- Once we begin your pet will feel a warm sensation with either a massage ball or non-contact head running over the area
- No hair removal required
- Treatments take minutes, depending on the size of the area
Most pets find the treatment so relaxing, we have known patients to fall asleep!
Category: Small Animals